Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why bother being a middle class consumer?


You are stupid! 
 
You assume a massive debit load to pay for college so you can learn a "skill" in a career you hate or will grow to hate, that was misrepresented by your university just to make enough money to keep your head above water and try to consume all that you are told that you need. 

40 hours a week plus commute time minus commute expense, wearing the "correct" clothing, eating overpriced and unhealthy crap for lunch. Overtime pay? forget-bout it punk. In this new mobile world, you are on call 24/7 and may the lice help you if you are not hovering over your black-bury-me or the cell. You are in a cell Mr. and Mrs America.
You are owned by the man.

Turn on, tune in, drop out. What this means to me is a Bauhaus style of life. Less is more but I wax philosophic upon you.
So, you need to buy stuff to feed your addiction. The newest car, yada,yada,yada. Put it on the plastic, yada,yada,yada.

But wait, the newest i machine from Apple is here! My car is almost two years old and sucks....only three more years of those easy $499 a month payments. Upkeep? WTF is that? My "partner" skipped town and stuck me with the bills. My hard drive crashed and I need new tires.

I was on this path. I worked myself into a broken body but I had reached the promised land for the family. Then the "X" crashed the finances but I kept to the plan, only to have everything snatched away a couple of more times. 

With no family to take care of, being miserable and beginning to die from the work....I dropped out.

I have used my repair skills, cooking and faithful companionship in trade for a roof overhead and food. I travel the area picking dumpsters for items to sell on ebay for my medications.

I now travel at a top speed of 30 mph. I get to look at the world, smell the restaurants, smell the skunk at grow houses. I can spend an hours just watching ants figure out how to carry a large dead cockroach up the wall.
Some ailments have healed or at least are more controllable. Others have no plan on letting go of me. 

Just think how your life will turn out and I will wager that you will be 100% wrong.

Steve


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment