Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Todays Word: Empathy

Empathy is the capability to share your feelings and understand an others emotions and feelings. Another definition of empathy is the Theory of Mind which is the ability to attribute mental states—beliefs, intents, desires, pretending, knowledge, etc.—to oneself and others and to understand that others have beliefs, desires and intentions that are different from one's own. (Thanks Wiki)

If I believe the pundits of Supreme Court nominee Judge Sotomayer, empathy is a very bad thing to posses.

Why is this? Is being aware of how other people feel objectionable?
That she may have an understanding that others have there own beliefs?

This sounds just like the person I would want in the Supreme Court. Actually, I want that from anyone I come into contact with. This is how I am.

This boils down to Bush/Cheney’s (see my note) take on the world “If you’re not with us, you are against us!”

I am lazy and I have a hospital visit to make so all you get is this following quote by Rush Limbaugh from his web site 6.26.09. (Brackets are my words)

“RUSH: …. "Should the Republican Party oppose Sonia Sotomayor?" and I will restate what I said in the first hour: Yes! (Why? Does she have a bad record as a judge?)

Because opposing Sonia Sotomayor is how you tell the nation who Barack Obama is and isn't. (I do not follow this.... is and isn't what?)

That really what we're interested in having happen. (WTF…I thought we're interested in a new Supreme Court judge, I am so stupid.)

Aren't we interested in having the American people figure out who it is they really voted for? (I am pretty sure they really voted for Obama. Time for Mr. Limbaugh figure this out)

Well, Sonia Sotomayor illustrates who Obama is, (Uhmmm, would that a president that might care about the majority of Americans?)

(A)nd that's the primary reason to oppose her because I don't think she can be stopped.(Brilliant!)
She's got the votes in the Senate. So does Obama. (Don’t appose her on her record, we will lose)

It's a cliche(SP), but elections have consequences.” (Yes they do. We are still learning the consequences of electing B/C)”


Hey, that was too easy. Yeah, I am lazy and did not look for an “Empathy” quote from Mr. Limbaugh and no, I did not read any other Right Wing web sites for fear that my brain would implode.

Note: I will refer to the eight years between Clinton and Obama as the Bush/Cheney years in as that I believe that Cheney was the De facto president. B/C for short.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment